



During the self portrait assignment I had many thoughts run across my mind for ideas for photograph ideas. Although I had many ideas I felt suppressed for time throughout the time span I had many ideas that I could not put into affect because I had to no camera to do so off campus. In my meaningful prop picture I used my hat that I made in remembrance of my deceased friend. This was the picture to me that came out the best, and was my most creative if you understand the concept. In this picture I have my hands together as if I am praying up to heaven, and I am looking down so that his name is easily seen on the hat. Then I had the camera angle looking up towards me so that you cold see the sky in the background to emphasis that I know he is up in heaven looking down on me. The most difficult aspect of this was having enough time to put all my ideas into effect, but didn’t really have a camera at home or anyone to take the pictures, so for the most part I had to rely on pictures taken at school. As a whole my creativity wasn’t very good, because only on one portrait did my ideas show in the photograph.
We were supposed to use contrast in colors, value, and have a sense of emphasis on ourselves. I am a person who wears a lot of black, so in my photographs I chose a lot of light backgrounds to balance the colors. Also if I was wearing a light color I looked for a dark background to maintain the balance between light and darkness. The picture that had the best composition was my meaningful prop picture because I was wearing black and the background was a bright white. Also the letters on my hat displayed brighter because of the darkness of my clothing. The picture that I would change the composition on is my element and light picture.
My craftsmanship on my pictures were done well, none of my pictures were pixilated or blurry. One of the concepts that I learned from this class that I used while taking my pictures was ISO which helped me make certain pictures lighter or darker depending on the circumstance.
My overall opinion of my artwork pieces is they were average with only one exceptional picture to me. I feel I did a good job at providing a sense of contrast in my colors in every picture. If I had to do this assignment again I would try and get a camera that I can take out anywhere with me and use, I felt that pretty much stifled my creativity. My favorite shot of all was my meaningful prop because this picture actually meant the most to me and it was the only picture I knew what I was going to do in it right away. My least favorite picture is my light picture because I really understand how to put that concept into effect.
We were supposed to use contrast in colors, value, and have a sense of emphasis on ourselves. I am a person who wears a lot of black, so in my photographs I chose a lot of light backgrounds to balance the colors. Also if I was wearing a light color I looked for a dark background to maintain the balance between light and darkness. The picture that had the best composition was my meaningful prop picture because I was wearing black and the background was a bright white. Also the letters on my hat displayed brighter because of the darkness of my clothing. The picture that I would change the composition on is my element and light picture.
My craftsmanship on my pictures were done well, none of my pictures were pixilated or blurry. One of the concepts that I learned from this class that I used while taking my pictures was ISO which helped me make certain pictures lighter or darker depending on the circumstance.
My overall opinion of my artwork pieces is they were average with only one exceptional picture to me. I feel I did a good job at providing a sense of contrast in my colors in every picture. If I had to do this assignment again I would try and get a camera that I can take out anywhere with me and use, I felt that pretty much stifled my creativity. My favorite shot of all was my meaningful prop because this picture actually meant the most to me and it was the only picture I knew what I was going to do in it right away. My least favorite picture is my light picture because I really understand how to put that concept into effect.
2 comments:
Paul-
Working with you has been a pleasure. When you put your mind to it, you can take an amazing photo. I love your style, and your eye for an exquisite shot. Great Job!
cool pictures..very creative!!!!!
Post a Comment