Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Artist Statement

There are a wide variety of photographs as well as artwork pieces that can be found in this portfolio. My collection ranges from thing such as personal metaphor, favorite project from last semester, frames, movie still, etc. My overall feeling of my portfolio is it has some great components with outstanding pieces and some not so great pieces. One of my most successful projects I did would have to be my aged photo because that whole photograph was a mishap that turned out well and I am very proud of it. Also the one thing I struggled the most with was my personal metaphor because I didn’t know how to put my ideas and thoughts into the Photoshop so it didn’t come out the way I envisioned it would.
Some things I have learned in this class is for starters is how to morph two separate items into one, like a bird and a dog using blending options and other Photoshop tools. Another concept I grasped was how to take pictures in a dark room or place and make them brighter without using the flash. Also we learned when taking one item and placing it in a different picture, to use shadows and lighting to make the new photograph look realistic.
In the future I could improve by putting more effort and time into my pieces because some of them weren’t thought out as well as they could have been. The places where I seen improvement and growth is when I go out to take photographs and I look for leading lines textures and other elements to help add to the picture that I am taking. Also now when taking pictures I like for them to be clear and not pixilated. Overall I have gained so much knowledge throughout my year in this class when it come to Photoshop and I have gained a new understanding and got a new perspective on picture taking.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Paul, when you put your effort in, you do some pretty awesome things. I have enjoyed your fresh perspective of the world through your photo's this year. Your portfolio is excellent, and hopefully not the end of your expressions.