Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Personal Metaphor


My personal metaphor was done on emotions, and I really try not to express my emotions or let them out. So in mines I used a safe to represent how I keep my emotions locked away. I don’t really let people in and let them see what I am actually feeling and that’s why I chose what I did for my metaphor, it fitted me perfectly.
In my artwork, I placed the safe on my chest and body because that is generally where you people think they come from. That is where my heart is and emotions come from the heart, and because I don’t want people to see my emotions I placed the safe over my chest. I placed the keypad over my mouth so that you have to know the combination to have my mouth open up for me to speak. This is so I can not verbally tell what I am feeling or why I look the way I look. I think the main focus on my picture would be my face and the keypad on it, because it stands out and makes people look there first. My artwork is balanced, mainly because everything is centered, keeping your focus and attention in one area. My picture is unified as well, because everything I did or alter I made goes with the picture and emotion I was trying to capture in the metaphor.
What I think I did well in my picture was just the basic theme I was trying to get across. If people know me, then they will say they have probably only seen one emotion come out of me. On the other hand a difficult part to the assignment was just finding more things to do to myself in the metaphor. We were given a lot of time on the assignment, and many people didn’t know what they wanted to do, but I on the other hand knew what I wanted to do and how to do it, so it left me with a lot of free time. I feel that the levels in my picture could have been better and also the keypad could have been blended more thoroughly. I would change the levels in my picture, because the teacher said they needed to be adjusted because I look grey in the picture, but now I just look darker than I actually am.

1 comment:

ILLWILL said...

I really like the idea I really do but it looks like you put no effort into it and the red background takes away from your emphasis!